Monday, August 8, 2011

Flying to a Land Far Far Away

My family and I are getting ready to take a trip to Texas later this week for my brother’s wedding reception on Saturday.  Being the “non-frequent” flying family we are, I want us to be prepared, so when that day arrives, everything goes smoothly.
Flying with a mobility impairment can be a little different (and much better in my opinion) than the flying experience for the average Joe.  For one, the airlines offer wheelchair service to those who request it.  Basically, at check in the airline has a wheelchair reserved and a friendly attendant waiting to assist.  Not only do they push the wheelchair to the gate, but they make sure everything goes as smooth as possible.  From the arduous task of security today to being allow to pre-board (even prior to first class, I might add) J
 So I call up American Airlines to make these arrangements, after spending 10 minutes looking for their number on the web, as it was conveniently left off my itinerary (must have been a printing mistake on their part) LOL… I spoke with Judy on the other end who was very helpful and made sure my wheelchair reservation is all set… that simple… We will see come travel day!
This service makes me feel pretty dang good about the airlines and the level of top notch service they are providing for their disabled customers…..Even if they are charging $35 for the first bag and $25 for the second!!!!
More to come……

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones