Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hillbilly Hand Fishin’

Just when I thought I had seen it all when it comes to this TV reality craze we live in today, I was somewhat not so pleasantly surprised with a new show that has reared its head for the viewing pleasure of the masses….
Kayla and I are sitting here minding our own business on a Thursday afternoon bothering no one, looking for a show to watch, flipping through our vast array of on demand content.  When what do I see, a preview for a new show on Animal Planet…. Can anyone guess where I’m going with this……Anyone?  That’s right ladies and gentleman….. Hillbilly Hand Fishin’…..I know, you’re thinking, what in the world is hillbilly hand fishin'…….
Well, let me take a moment to explain….  It involves jumping into the red clay critter invested waters of the south.  When in these here waters, you aren’t able to see the bottom due to the clay soil content, so basically if you were to step on a water moccasin, or whatever other critter lay in wait, you would quite literally be up a creek so to speak….
Anyway, said participants continue in these waters over to the bank of the creek where they rub their bare feet along the sides of the bank until a catfish lair is located….Once located, said individual puts both feet into the hole up to their waist, and this is the good part…waits for that there catfish to BITE!
Once the catfish has a good grip on the lucky fisherman, someone else partaking in this here adventure will string (put a rope through gills and mouth) the fish and pull it out of their lair….
Don’t get me wrong, I am a country boy and heart, being born and raised in the great state of TX, but I don’t know that I’m quite that adventurous.
So the guys featured in the show have started their own company that specializes in providing lessons to people from all around who want a little more adventure in their life and would like to learn this here craft….. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones